“We Found Community” Interactive Series
Log in via ZOOM & Lunch with Southern States Management Group from Noon – 1:30pm (30 minute Q&A included)
Wed., July 15– Hurricane Horror Stories & Preparations – Thank you to Rich Cooper with Halifax Insurance Partners who will be presenting.
Join other community leaders from local Associations throughout Volusia & Flagler county to discuss hot topics of the season. This interactive hour will equip you on the topic of that month. SIGN UP BELOW and a confirmation will be emailed to you with login credentials for ZOOM along with a questionnaire will be provided in advance and stories will be shared to identify best practices.
2nd Annual HOA/COA Conference & Legal Update
RESCHEDULED DATE: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 from 9am – 5pm
Cici & Hyatt Brown Museum of Art
352 S Nova Rd, Daytona Beach
This conference is designed to equip new and seasoned board members with the tools needed for a successful year serving on the board. Gain your HOA/COA Board Certification, learn from industry experts and visit with exhibitors who have been specifically selected to attend.
We ask that attendees wear face masks to this Conference. Thank you.
Breakout Session Topics:
* Schedule Subject To Change
Clean Up Your Financials
Having a smart collections process is key to keeping your accounts receivable in check. Learn best practices on how to set up a collections plan that will create fewer headaches and support your Association’s bottom line. Learn about dealing with non-payments up to and including foreclosures.
Your building and common areas constantly need special considerations in maintaining structural integrity. From areas you can see and those you cannot, learn ways to protect your community’s investments.
Financial Planning For Your Association’s Present & Future
Board Members have a responsibility to manage their communities. You have been voted to oversee all aspects of your Association including planning for the future. Hear thoughtful considerations for positioning finances to be able to make upgrades or prepare for unforeseen financial heartaches.
Moving Your Community Into The 21st Century
There are many options when considering enhancements and renovations that are needed in your Association. Hear from local experts on options for state-of-the-art security & beautification options.
Hire The Right People For The Job
Your Association is a business and hiring the right people to manage your community is key for continuity, compliance and proper neighborhood care. Learn best processes and procedures in hiring employees and vendors, how to keep them and ways to develop a succession plan. (Bid process, warranty overview and how to write a RFP)
Does your HOA & COA Association understand the election’s process? Who is eligible? What requirements need to be noticed, how many board members can serve, etc? Also, learn about alternative voting options (electronic voting).
Adoption of Rules and Architectural Criteria: Working Within Your Covenants
LEGAL: How to write a rules & regulations/ ARC criteria packet (How to separate these from the C&Rs, so they can be amended on a Board-level going forward).
GENERAL TOPIC: How to write a general welcoming packet (include rules, contact info for important municipalities, etc).
SIGN UP BELOW!
Two Board Members per Association, please.
SEASONAL BOARD EDUCATION FORUMS, BOARD CERTIFICATIONS, DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS & MORE!
Southern States Management Group, (SSMG) launched their education initiative in June 2018 and have been pursuing every opportunity to collaborate with local professionals in an effort to educate community association leaders. The underlying goal of this initiative is to provide those leaders with thoughtful insight and practical knowledge to address the challenges that they face throughout the year. We recognize that these community leaders are volunteering their time and efforts and it is in keeping with this spirit that we endeavor to make sure that they are well equipped to face the challenges that may arise.
Recent curriculum has included:
– “Clean up” the look of your neighborhood through covenant enforcement , presented by SSMG
– Maintain continuity by creating a fine committee, presented by Wright & Casey, P.A.
– Why an Association should have the following policies: D&O, Crime, Cyber Liability & Workman’s Comp as well as a new Disability Act that is making news , presented by Insurance Office of America
– Learn how to use SSMG’s state-of-the-art technology to keep polished records, create compliance letters and work orders in real time, presented by SSMG
– Best practices with dealing with foreclosures, presented by Wright & Casey, P.A.
– Meet a Claims Adjuster and be prepared for the year in the event of loss due to a major event presented by Five Star Claims Adjusting
– Ways to secure your communities and maintain business continuity in the face of an impending disaster.
– How to facilitate and begin an insurance claim to be ahead before you get behind.
– How to better understand how insurance claims are handled from a legal perspective.
– Financial & Strategic Planning.
– Effectively Run & Administer Board Meetings – Association Election DOs & DON’Ts, Tips on Robert’s Rules of Order.
– Controlling Costs & Bundling Services.
– Importance of Hiring Licensed Contractors.
– Capital & Reserve Planning for Community Pools & Other Outdoor Amenities.
– Directors & Officers Insurance Overview.
– Restoration Company Relationship, Financing Options That Make Sense, Best & Worst Case Disaster Solutions.
– Tips on how to create a proactive response team within the insurance spectrum and to effectuate the best possible claim outcome.
– Suggestions on legal use of emergency powers in the event of a disaster.
– How to manage your technology: software considerations, data safety & cyber security.
– Ways to manage and understand rentals within your communities.
– Thoughts on how to review contractor bids to achieve the best results for your community.
– Board Development & Conflict Management Tips.
– Techniques that we’ve learned over three decades dealing with large HOA’s.
– Lifestyle Management at its finest – what community management should look like in 2019.
– And much more…
Additionally, our education events encourage an opportunity for community leaders to share ideas, stories and challenges while developing relationships with other association leaders within the community. These programs have grown in popularity and fill up quick!