SIGN UP BELOW!
You’re invited to our next “Seasonal Education Forum”
Wednesday, January 29, 2020 from 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Halifax River Yacht Club – 331 S Beach St, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
HOUSEKEEPING IN YOUR COMMUNITY FOR 2020
To kickoff 2020, Southern States Management Group’s Seasonal Education Forum Q1 will focus on the “housekeeping of your community”.
– “Clean up” the look of your neighborhood through covenant enforcement , presented by SSMG
– Maintain continuity by creating a fine committee, presented by Wright & Casey, P.A.
– Why an Association should have the following policies: D&O, Crime, Cyber Liability & Workman’s Comp as well as a new Disability Act that is making news , presented by Insurance Office of America
– Learn how to use SSMG’s state-of-the-art technology to keep polished records, create compliance letters and work orders in real time, presented by SSMG
– Best practices with dealing with foreclosures, presented by Wright & Casey, P.A.
– Meet a Claims Adjuster and be prepared for the year in the event of loss due to a major event presented by Five Star Claims Adjusting
There is limited seating so please RSVP below.
Two board members from each community are invited. For more information on topics or other questions please contact our Education and Outreach Coordinator at SouthernStatesManagementGroup@gmail.com
SAVE THE DATE!
2nd Annual HOA/COA Certification & Conference
Wednesday, April 29, 2020 from 9am – 5pm
Cici & Hyatt Brown Museum of Art
352 S Nova Rd, Daytona Beach
Attention: Board Members,
Our annual Conference is coming up. Reserve your spot today by emailing our Education Coordinator!
SEASONAL BOARD EDUCATION FORUMS, BOARD CERTIFICATIONS, DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS & MORE!
Southern States Management Group, (SSMG) launched their education initiative in June 2018 and have been pursuing every opportunity to collaborate with local professionals in an effort to educate community association leaders. The underlying goal of this initiative is to provide those leaders with thoughtful insight and practical knowledge to address the challenges that they face throughout the year. We recognize that these community leaders are volunteering their time and efforts and it is in keeping with this spirit that we endeavor to make sure that they are well equipped to face the challenges that may arise.
Recent curriculum has included:
– Ways to secure your communities and maintain business continuity in the face of an impending disaster.
– How to facilitate and begin an insurance claim to be ahead before you get behind.
– How to better understand how insurance claims are handled from a legal perspective.
– Financial & Strategic Planning.
– Effectively Run & Administer Board Meetings – Association Election DOs & DON’Ts, Tips on Robert’s Rules of Order.
– Controlling Costs & Bundling Services.
– Importance of Hiring Licensed Contractors.
– Capital & Reserve Planning for Community Pools & Other Outdoor Amenities.
– Directors & Officers Insurance Overview.
– Restoration Company Relationship, Financing Options That Make Sense, Best & Worst Case Disaster Solutions.
– Tips on how to create a proactive response team within the insurance spectrum and to effectuate the best possible claim outcome.
– Suggestions on legal use of emergency powers in the event of a disaster.
– How to manage your technology: software considerations, data safety & cyber security.
– Ways to manage and understand rentals within your communities.
– Thoughts on how to review contractor bids to achieve the best results for your community.
– Board Development & Conflict Management Tips.
– Techniques that we’ve learned over three decades dealing with large HOA’s.
– Lifestyle Management at its finest – what community management should look like in 2019.
– And much more…
Additionally, our education events encourage an opportunity for community leaders to share ideas, stories and challenges while developing relationships with other association leaders within the community. These programs have grown in popularity and fill up quick!