SEASONAL BOARD EDUCATION FORUMS, BOARD CERTIFICATIONS, DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS & MORE!
Southern States Management Group, (SSMG) launched their education initiative in June 2018 and have been pursuing every opportunity to collaborate with local professionals in an effort to educate community association leaders. The underlying goal of this initiative is to provide those leaders with thoughtful insight and practical knowledge to address the challenges that they face throughout the year. We recognize that these community leaders are volunteering their time and efforts and it is in keeping with this spirit that we endeavor to make sure that they are well equipped to face the challenges that may arise.
Recent curriculum has included:
– Ways to secure your communities and maintain business continuity in the face of an impending disaster.
– How to facilitate and begin an insurance claim to be ahead before you get behind.
– How to better understand how insurance claims are handled from a legal perspective.
– Financial & Strategic Planning.
– Effectively Run & Administer Board Meetings – Association Election DOs & DON’Ts, Tips on Robert’s Rules of Order.
– Controlling Costs & Bundling Services.
– Importance of Hiring Licensed Contractors.
– Capital & Reserve Planning for Community Pools & Other Outdoor Amenities.
– Directors & Officers Insurance Overview.
– Restoration Company Relationship, Financing Options That Make Sense, Best & Worst Case Disaster Solutions.
Additionally, our education events encourage an opportunity for community leaders to share ideas, stories and challenges while developing relationships with other association leaders within the community. These programs have grown in popularity and fill up quick!
Quarter 3 Seasonal Hot Topics – July 17, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at LPGA located at 1000 Champions Drive in Daytona Beach at the Club House
You’re invited to our “Seasonal Education Forum”
Wednesday, July 17, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
LPGA 1000 Champions Drive in Daytona Beach (The Clubhouse)
Q3 SEASONAL TOPICS ROUND TABLE
This Forum will be collaborative and informative with industry experts leading round table discussions on the topics of the season. Attendees will be placed among peers of similar HOA/COA demographics. Experts will rotate around the tables providing one on one interaction with board members while providing guidance for Q3.
Round Table Discussions will include:
– Tips on how to create a proactive response team within the insurance spectrum and to effectuate the best possible claim outcome (Insurance Office of America)
– Suggestions on legal use of emergency powers in the event of a disaster (Wright & Casey, P.A.)
– How to manage your technology: software considerations, data safety & cyber security (SSMG)
– Ways to manage and understand rentals within your communities (Southern States Realty Services)
– Thoughts on how to review contractor bids to achieve the best results for your community (SSMG)
– Board Development & Conflict Management Tips (SSMG)
– Techniques that we’ve learned over three decades dealing with large HOA’s (SSMG)
– Lifestyle Management at its finest – what community management should look like in 2019 (SSMG)
– And much more…
There is limited seating so please RSVP at www.DaytonaPropertyManagement.com/education/. Two board members from each community are invited. For more information on topics or other questions please email Diane at SouthernStatesManagementGroup@gmail.com or 386-538-1083 or sign up below.
Thank you to our 2019-2020 Education Supporters!