Build Your Bench & Understand How to Run Effective Elections
Our “WE FOUND COMMUNITY” INTERACTIVE SERIES continued on October 27 with the topic of the night, “Build Your Bench & Understand How to Run Effective Elections”.
Building Your Bench
- How to identify potential board members & how to approach
- Town Hall / Informative meetings prior to notices being sent out
Reference Your Documents
- Board Members need to be familiar with the election process to educate others
- Southern States Management Group’s role in elections & tips for self-managed communities
Wright & Casey, P.A. discussed:
- Annual Meetings via Zoom and the Election Process
- Proper meeting notice
- Candidate qualifications
- Mid-term vacancies
- Frequently Asked Questions, such as:
- Do we need our lawyer present during our election?
- What if we have more seats than candidates?
- The candidate missed the deadline to submit info – what do we do?
- Socially distanced/virtual meetings
- What the future holds
If you missed this presentation, you may view the recording on our YouTube channel.